Friday, February 12, 2010

The Term 'Atheist'

As a result of my rather unusual (in this society) notion of the being and reality of such things commonly referred to as 'gods', I've often accepted and utilized the term 'atheist' to describe my perspective, generally because theist is a term that intrinsically implies western metaphysical (Christian) theism and the consequent association of what I mean by 'gods' with the Christian god.

I'm no longer accepting or utilizing the term 'atheist' however.

The fundamentalist scientistic 'atheists' that can conveniently be associated with Richard Dawkins and his acolytes are as much my enemies as the Christian fundamentalists, and for the same reasons. They value polemic over argument. They dismiss areas of knowledge due to their own ignorance rather than any understanding of what might be contained therein. And they are motivated by political reasoning, specifically the maintenance of the current political elite. Atheists and Biologists love each other, I personally believe it's simply due to neither being able to understand modern Physics and its implications.

One thing about having been raised and trained by the Jesuits is that cults such as those of Dawkins are very easily seen through. i.e. if the most successful cult in the West didn't convince me, these half assed jokers are not about to.

From now on I will be referring to myself as a materialist Eckhartian, viewed through the lenses of Heidegger and Schurmann. Realize that 'materialist' is in reference to Aristotle's proof that 'space' is unformed matter, such that as is generally the case in metaphysical dualities it implies idealism as well, since only form separates what we know as matter from the void.

No comments:

Post a Comment